Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need to contact you?
Please email GetReadytoRun@bcbsms.com for answers to any other questions you may have.
Race Packet Pickup
- How do I get my packet? Can someone pick up my packet for me?
- What is in my packet?
- What is a runner bib/race number?
- Can I exchange my t-shirt size?
- Are t-shirts available for purchase?
- What is miss packet pickup / what if I did not get my packet?
Race Day Details
- What is the time and location of the race?
- What is the distance of the race?
- Where should I park on race day?
- Where do we go once we get to the race site?
- Do I need to check in on race day?
- Can I register to participate on race day?
- Can I bring my bike, roller blades, baby jogger/stroller?
- What happens in the event of bad weather?
- Can I run with my child?
- Can a sibling run with participating children?
- I have two children registered for the race. Can my 3rd and 5th graders run together?
- I registered my three children to participate in the race. My schedule has changed and we will be out of town. Can I give my race numbers to a parent who missed the deadline?
- How do you keep children safe along the course?
- Where and how do parents pick up children after the run?
- What if I don’t have my claim ticket?
- What is the race route?
- What do I wear?
- What should I expect?
- What if I misplace my child’s race packet?
- Do runners have to run the full mile?
- Will I receive a medal?
- Is there a lost and found?
- Will there be snacks and drinks available for purchase after the race?
- What if my child can’t be there on race day? Will I receive a medal?
- Where do I go for questions on race day?
- Will there be first-aid on site?
- Will there be restrooms?
- Where can I find photos of the race?
- Are awards given for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners?
- Will there be an award ceremony?
- Is this a timed race event? How do I see results?
- What schools can participate?
- When are school winners announced?
- What are the school awards?
- Can we bring children to the race on a bus?
- Are we required to provide transportation to the race for our students?
- What is the Story Board?
- Is the Story Board required?
- How can I view my school's Story Board?
- What is the midpoint check-in?
- How do I register to volunteer?
- Who is eligible to volunteer?
- What will I do as a volunteer?
- How do I sign up for volunteer training?
- What if I miss the training session I registered to attend?
- Can I get community service credit?
- What do I wear as a volunteer?
- Are the volunteer t-shirts available for purchase?